At Slashpay Ltd. ("Slashpay", "we", "us", "our"), we care about your privacy and are committed to protect it.
We may, from time to time, make changes to this Policy and these will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, e-mailed to you. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this Policy.
Please note that we have no control over the privacy practices of third parties, and we are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of those entities. Types of Information that we may collect or receive about you (the "Information")
How we use the Information that we collect or receive about you
- Information that you provide when you use the Service. This may include any information you give us by filling in forms or connect your data when you use the Service. The information you give us may include your name, date of birth, billing and shipping addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, social media accounts, your contacts stored on address book applications and financial Information. All credit or debit card information and bank account details entered through our Service are directly entered into the system of our partner bank and payment providers ("PSP"), governed under their own privacy policies and terms and conditions. We do not see or have access to any such financial information that is stored at and managed by those institutions;
- Information that third parties provide us about you. For example, when you connect your account through a social network such as Instagram, we may collect personal information from the social network in accordance with your privacy settings on that social network;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and your contact details;
- Information that you upload to, or choose to share through, our Service including profile information, pictures, your interests, likes and dislikes or any other personal information in data that you upload;
- Information that you provide us by completing surveys on our Service or as carried out by our approved third parties;
- Information that we retrieve using "cookie" technology. Cookies are small text files that our Service stores locally on your device so that your device will "remember" information about your visit and help us enhance your experience using the Service; and
- Technical information which we may automatically collect, including your IP address, operating system, browser type and details of your visits to, and use of, our Service including, but not limited to, the pages and products you view or search for on the Service, page interaction information, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
In essence, we use the Information we collect or receive from you to better serve you. Specifically, we use your Information to:
How we may disclose your Information to third parties
- execute our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- address your questions or requests regarding our products, services, and/or support;
- continuously improve our Service;
- allow you to carry out transactions with our retail, business, and payment partners through our Service and third party websites;
- provide you or permit selected third parties to provide you with Information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- ensure that content on our Service is presented in the most effective manner for you and for the devices that you use;
- measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising and content we might serve you and to deliver relevant advertising and Information to you; and
- notify you about changes to our Service.
We may disclose your personal Information to third parties. You authorize us to use and/or share Information as described below.
Location of your personal data and how we protect your Information
- To the extent permitted by law, we may disclose the Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; (ii) in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or (iii) whenever we believe that disclosing the Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of you, Slashpay or others. This includes exchanging Information with other companies and organizations to check your identity and to identify, prevent, detect or tackle financial crime, including fraud, credit risk, money laundering and other unauthorized conduct
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our Visitors, Users, Service, and other products and services and those of our promotional partners, we may analyze certain Information in anonymised and aggregate form. This aggregate Information does not identify you personally. We may share and/or license this aggregate data to our affiliates, agents, business and promotional partners, and other third parties. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe the Service and these products and services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, recruiting services, order fulfilment, customer service, and marketing assistance. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law. Those third parties are only permitted to use your personal Information for the purpose for which it has been provided and may not disclose it to any other third party except at our express direction and in accordance with this Policy.
Slashpay's servers are located inside the European Union ("EU"), but may some also be based outside of the EU in the future. We also use certain tools and services that may be hosted outside the EU. Please be aware that your Information, including your Personal Information, may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of the jurisdiction where you reside or work. By using the Service, you irrevocably and unconditionally consent to such transfer, processing, and use in those countries and elsewhere.
All Information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. You have chosen a password or a PIN code which enables you to access certain parts of our Service; you are responsible for keeping this password or PIN code confidential. We ask you not to share a password or a PIN code with anyone including people who identify themselves as our staff.
We do not store customer card or bank account details, and apply information security practices to keep such data safe. For example, whenever you enter your card information into our Service, those details are encrypted and passed directly to our PSP. Upon receiving your information, our PSP sends us a token (consisting of random letters and numbers). The token (not your card details) is then used to effect payments for the products or services you purchase through the Service. To add additional security the token changes at frequent intervals regardless of whether or not you are on-line. To ensure the required level of payment security, we will always use a PCI DSS-compliant payment gateway to store, process and transmit your Payment Card data. We reserve the right to change our payments gateway at our sole discretion, provided any such payment gateway meets this security compliance level.
We take reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the Information that you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Service may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what Information you send to us via e-mail.
Certain parts of our Service may include social networking features. Please ensure that when you use these features, you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users. Your rights
Under UK law, individuals have the right to request a copy of all personal Information that we hold about them and have the right to request that incorrect Information is amended. To do this, we will need to verify your identity and may charge a reasonable administration fee to provide a copy of your Information. As before please remember that for legal or risk reasons we may be unable to amend or delete certain types of data. We will inform you of this following your request should this be the case.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
. How to contact us
Slashpay Limited is a company registered in England and Wales and Slashpay's Company Number is 10737716. Slashpay's registered office is at 11 Staple Inn, London, WC1V 7QH. Last updated on October 27, 2017
Slashpay Mobile Application End User License Agreement
By using this Slashpay Mobile Application (the "App", "Application"), you agree to be bound by this Slashpay Mobile Application License Agreement (the "EULA").
This EULA is an agreement between you and Slashpay Ltd. ("Slashpay", "we", "us", "our") only. SlashPay is registered in England and Wales under company number 10737716 and has its registered office at 11 Staple Inn, London, WC1V 7QH.
BY DOWNLOADING, ACCESSING AND/OR USING THIS APP, YOU CONFIRM THAT YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THEY CONSTITUTE A LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT BETWEEN US AND YOU. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THESE TERMS, YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO ACCESS OR USE THIS APP, AND YOU SHOULD NOT PROCEED FURTHER.
We reserve the right to change the terms of this EULA from time to time by notifying you with the updated terms being displayed on-screen or with a link to the updated terms. License grant
Slashpay hereby grants you a personal, non-transferable, non-exclusive license to use the App on your devices in accordance with the terms of this EULA.
The App is free to download. In order to use the App for the purposes it is intended for, you will need to have a Slashpay user account ("Account"). It is free to create an Account and you can do so by providing the registration details requested.
You need to be 16 or over to create an Account and must be resident in the EU. If you are over 13 but under 16 then you can register to use the Service but only with your parent or guardian's permission and you must get the bill payer's permission before buying any Products. Slashpay reserves the right to refuse to permit minors to use the Service at its discretion. By using the Slashpay app, you confirm to us that you meet this requirement.
You are permitted to download, install and use the App on a mobile device that only belongs to and controlled by you, running the relevant operating system for which the App was designed, so you must make sure you have a compatible device which meets all the necessary technical specifications.
You will be assumed to have obtained permission from the owner of any device that is controlled, but not owned, by you to download the App to that device. You accept responsibility, in accordance with this EULA, for all access to, and use of, the App by you on any device, whether or not it is owned by you.
You acknowledge that the mobile service provider for the device to which you download, or on which you access or use, the App may charge for internet access (including mobile data usage) on that device. You must comply with applicable third party terms of agreement when using this App (e.g. your wireless data service agreement or other third party services you rely on to use this App).
We cannot and do not guarantee the continuous, uninterrupted or error-free operability of the App or that the App will respond at a certain speed (since this depends on a number of factors outside our control).
Except to the extent expressly set out in this EULA, you are not allowed to:
- republish, redistribute or re-transmit the App;
- rent, lease or otherwise transfer rights to this App;
- modify, adapt, translate, prepare derivative works from, decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble or otherwise attempt to derive source code from this App;
- remove, obscure or alter Slashpay's copyright notice, trademarks or other proprietary rights notices affixed to, contained within or accessed in conjunction with or by this App;
- copy or store the App other than for your use as permitted by these terms and as may occur incidentally in the normal course of use of your browser or mobile device;
- store the App on a server or other storage device connected to a network or create a database by systematically downloading and storing any data from the App;
- remove or change any content of the App or attempt to circumvent security or interfere with the proper working of the App or any server on which it is hosted;
- use the App in a way that might damage our name or reputation or that of any of our affiliates; or otherwise do anything that it is not expressly permitted by this EULA.
All rights granted to you under this EULA will terminate immediately in the event that you are in breach of any of them. Slashpay reserves the right to block access to or use of this App.
The party providing your mobile OS has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to this App.
You may not transfer or assign any or all of your rights or obligations under this EULA.
All notices given by you to us must be given in writing to the address set out at the end of this EULA.
If we fail to enforce any of our rights, that does not result in a waiver of that right. Intellectual property and ownership
We license, but do not sell, to you the App you download. Slashpay shall at all times retain ownership of the App as originally downloaded by you and all subsequent downloads of the App by you. The App (including all rights under patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark, or unfair competition law, and any and all other proprietary rights, including all applications, renewals, extensions and restorations thereof) shall remain the property of Slashpay.
Other company, product, or service names mentioned in this App may be trademarks of their respective companies.
The App may contain code, commonly referred to as open source software, which is distributed under any of the many known variations of open source license terms, including terms which allow the free distribution and modification of the relevant software's source code and/or which require all distributors to make such source code freely available upon request, including any contributions or modifications made by such distributor (collectively, Open Source Software). Please note that, to the extent that the App contains any Open Source Software, that element only is licensed to you under the relevant license terms of the applicable third party licensor (Open Source Licence Terms) and not under this EULA, and you accept and agree to be bound by such Open Source Licence Terms. A copy of the source code for any Open Source Software contained in the App and the relevant Open Source License Terms will be made available to you upon request.
Slashpay reserves the right to grant licenses to use the App to third parties. Disclaimer of warranties
You agree that download, access and use of the App and the service(s) accessed by it are provided on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis. Slashpay expressly disclaims to the fullest extent permitted by law all express, implied and statutory warranties, including without limitation the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement of proprietary rights, and any warranties regarding the security, reliability, timeliness and performance of this App. You download and use this App at your own discretion and risk, and you are solely responsible for any damages to your hardware device(s) or loss of data that results from the download or use of this App. Your personal information
The App may, from time to time, include links to external sites, which may include links to third party offers and promotions. We include these to provide you with access to information, products or services that you may find useful or interesting. We are not responsible for the content of these sites or for anything provided by them and do not guarantee that they will be continuously available. The fact that we include links to such external sites does not imply any endorsement of or association with their operators or promoters. Limitation of liability
Except as otherwise stated in this EULA, Slashpay is not liable to you for any harm resulting from any use or misuse of this App. Such limitation of liability: (i) includes direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary and punitive damages, whether such claim is based on contract, tort or otherwise (even if Slashpay has been advised of the possibility of such damages); (ii) applies whether damages arise from use or misuse of and reliance on this App, from inability to use this App, or from the interruption, suspension, or termination of this App (including any damages incurred by third parties); and (iii) applies notwithstanding a failure of the essential purpose of any limited remedy and to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Nothing in this EULA shall limit our liability towards you for claims for death or personal injury or damages caused by intentional wrongdoing or gross negligence of us, our legal representatives or agents. In case of a breach of a material obligation under this EULA which is caused by negligence we shall only be liable for your direct and consequential losses. Indemnification
You will indemnify and hold harmless Slashpay and its parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, shareholders, agents and employees, from any claim made by any third party arising in connection with a violation of this EULA, for which you are responsible. Slashpay reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, but doing so will not excuse your indemnity obligations. Governance and dispute resolution
If any provision of this EULA is found to be unenforceable, all other provisions shall remain unaffected. These terms may not be varied except with our express written consent.
These terms and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between you and us in relation to their subject matter. We are required by law to advise you that any contract formed on the terms of this EULA may be concluded in the English language only and that no public filing requirements apply.
These terms shall be governed by English law, except that if you live in a country (which, for these purposes, includes Scotland or Northern Ireland) of the European Union other than England, there may be certain mandatory applicable laws of your country which apply for your benefit and protection in addition to or instead of certain provisions of English law.
Subject to the next paragraph, you agree that any dispute between you and us regarding these terms or the App will only be dealt with by the English courts, except that if you live in a country (which, for these purposes, includes Scotland or Northern Ireland) of the European Union other than England, you can choose to bring legal proceedings either in your country or in England, but if we bring legal proceedings, we may only do so in your country.
We are required to inform you that the Financial Ombudsman Service is an alternative dispute resolution body to whom we are obliged, by the rules of the Financial Conduct Authority, to refer any dispute that cannot be resolved between you and us.
The European Online Dispute Resolution platform http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/
provides information about alternative dispute resolution which may be of interest and we are required to inform you that you may use it if there is a dispute that cannot be resolved between you and us. Export restrictions
This App or its underlying technology may not be downloaded to or exported or re-exported: (i) into (or to a resident or national of) Burma, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, Venezuela or any other country subject to United States embargo or UN Sanctions; (ii) to anyone on the OFAC list, US Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or on the US Commerce Department's Denied Party or Entity List; and (iii) to any prohibited country, person, end-user or entity specified by US Export Laws or other similar legislation. Third party beneficiary
Your mobile OS is a third party beneficiary of this EULA, and, upon your acceptance, such third party beneficiary will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce this agreement against you. Contacting us
If you have any questions, comments, feedback or requests regarding this EULA, then please feel free to contact us at www.slashpay.com
or write to us at: 11 Staple Inn, London, WC1V 7QH. Last updated on October 27, 2017